Saturday, February 18, 2012

Are Mastiff good with children?

Chole with a new little friend


I get a lot of inquiries if Mastiff are good with children.  Well, it has been said, "A picture is worth a thousand words".  Meet Chole.  Chole was from my Rosie & Leo litter--an accidently breeding by the co-owner  which I took, raised and help place.  Originally she was placed with a young family with children, but due to unseen circumstances, they could not keep her.  So Chole came back to me.  My friends, Shari & her daughter Lauren had asked me about getting a Mastiff.  So I asked them if they would be interested in giving Chole a new home.  They met her on the day I picked her up and took her home--and the rest is history.  It was love at first sight.

The little boy in the picture is the son of family friends--as you can see he can't stop loving on Chole, and she is a most happy participant.  Look at the love and contentment on her face. There is no better friend or guardian for a small child.

Sometimes a new puppy isn't right for a family.  An adult dog will tell you the size and temperament of the dog. With a good evaluation, a very good match can be made fitting the right dog into your family.  Mastiff rescue organizations do this every day, and we have so many deserving dogs just looking for a home.  Over to the right side of my blog are several links to Mastiff Rescue organizations.  If you have room in your home and your heart--give a rescue dog a second chance.


Catie Arney, KioKee Mastiffs,  Hickory, NC