Sunday, December 28, 2014

KioKee Mastiffs---2014 in Review

It's been a year of growth and change for us here at KioKee Mastiffs. I am thankful for the blessings and love we have experienced this past year.

I completed my studies and received my Master's in Nursing as a Nurse practitioner in May 2013; passed my Boards in July 2013 and began my career as a FNP.  2014 has been a year of change for me in my career, and I look forward to my continued professional growth in 2015.

Mitch stays out on the roads as a long distance truck driver, but he manages to get home every weekend. Weekends are our time to spend together with our family and our dogs. Sometimes we make it to a dog show to see our wonderful canine family show.

We added a lovely Dogue de Bordeaux to our Family--"Effie"--Bruin's Ever In Your Favor.  We look forward to showing her in the upcoming year. Effie is a red flash of energy, sweetness and love.

Effie --6 weeks old

A lovely mature Mastiff lady was also added to our family--"Matilda"-AKC GCH CH Kaigans Matilda The Hun.  A big, bold fawn girl who promises to add different adventures to our household!!

Early in the year, we imported a lovely fawn girl from Nathalie Lacroix of De La Grande Alzine Mastiffs in Perpignan, France.  Our "Izzy"--I'm In love With Isabella De La Grande Alzine--has already made a statement in the show ring winning Winner's bitch and Best Of Winners at the Eukanuba show in Orlando, Florida from the 12-18 month Class.  We expect great things from our Izzy and we are so proud and excited to own her.

 Izzy & CJ Farve  at Eukanuba--14 months old


CJ Farve & "Turbo"--Ch.  KioKee Morrigan's Turbo Max


Angie Chase & "Willow"-Ch. KioKee Epiphany Once Upon a Time

   Izzy isn't the only winner here at KioKee mastiffs--we have had the privilege of finishing a few others in 2014.  We were able to show our puppies from our 2010 breedings. Turbo and his litter brother Srixon both completed their AKC Championships in quick time;  1/2 sister Willow completed her Championship and her litter brother Hank needs just 3 single points to finish his Championship.  I am so proud of these KioKee kids.  Hopefully,  a couple more from these 2 litters will compete and complete their AKC Championships in 2015.

In the late spring/early summer, we will be doing a couple of breedings.  I look forward to posting the announcements of the puppies as they are born. Until then, I will keep my plans quiet.

We wish all of our friends and extended KioKee family good health, love, and best wishes in the oncoming year.

Catie, Mitch and the KioKee Gang.
Hickory, NC